8305C Technical manual / Service Guide

Hi all, 

I have been trawling the internet for the 8305C (basic calibre 830) Technical guide and there seems to be none available.  PDF's for almost everything else but not the 8305 (830).  I am restoring dad's M77 Sea Lion and, as a novice, this would really help.

Does anyone know where a scanned version might be available.

Here's hoping and thanks in advance.  Cheers, John    

I have an 8305C technical guide somewhere.  I'm frantically searching old computers to find the document.  It is a step by step guide, not just a parts list.  I think it just showed up in an email when I asked about it on one of the Seiko forums.

The guide is listed here https://www.awci.com/member-center/technical-guides-references/seiko/page/140/

I signed up there for a year long ago.  They seemed to be mainly focused on clocks so I dropped them.  I may have downloaded or printed it out from there.  I cannot find a .pdf on any of my old computers. 

Maybe an AWCI member here can take a look to see it that is the correct document?

The Seiko and other manufacturers guides of these years are nothing more than part lists with tiny pictures blackened by consecutive photocopying. Can be just marginally useful for a regular service where no parts need replacement. 

They will not tell you how parts go together, or what lubricants to use. Which makes sense, because it was supposed that the watchmaker knew how to do his job.

Thankyou all for the comments.  I'll try some of the links and see how we go.  Having read Martin's "fettling" piece (link from HSL above) he did mention that there is a full guide available (that he referenced) out there somewhere. I'll keep digging around until I find it.  Kind regards to all, John

The document I listed is a proper step by step technical manual, not a parts list.  I could scan it but it is already not that clear.  I paid for a membership to AWCI and was eligible to download it.  AWCI's "owns" it not me.  I don't have a .pdf file on my old computers so they must restrict it.  I don't need any bad karma from passing out someone else's property when I work on watches. 

Maybe someone has an original and is willing to share.  People pay a lot of money for the originals.  Some people buy them and share freely, some hold them close and don't talk about them.  I don't see a copyright on the document.  Moral dilemma, for sure.  

I'm an AWCI member and they have a couple of documents for the 8305C with one being essentially a parts list of the movement and the other a disassembly/assembly guide. The disassembly/assembly guide is quite detailed with step by step directions including oiling recommendations.

The AWCI doesn't let you download the documents as a PDF but they do allow you to print the document, and you can print to PDF.

Edited by GuyMontag