Need assist with Wittnauer 2000 case

Hi, fellow watch fanatic here and new to the forum.

I have a Wittnauer 2000, And i am pretty sure that it requires the case bezel to be removed in order to get the movement out but I cannot get get the bezel off.

The bezel has indentations that would accommodate a spanner but those indentations are well worn. Any ideas?

02wittnauer2000b.jpg

09wittnauer2000.jpg

4 hours ago, chicane said:

I have a Wittnauer 2000, And i am pretty sure that it requires the case bezel to be removed in order to get the movement out but I cannot get get the bezel off.

First question would be, why you want to remove the mov.t? 

The bezel has indentations that would accommodate a spanner but those indentations are well worn. Any ideas?

The cuts are just decorative. Te bezel is press fitted and if it's tight to be removed without damage you need a 2 or 4 blades tool, some are shown in the topic below. Then hopefully the joint in the stem can be oriented to lift the movement.t  out.

Be careful with that crystal, which looks pretty nice. I have a Wittnauer of a similar vintage on which I messed up a crystal that was glued in using "forever" mode. The only thing that has me forgiving myself on this one is that I haven't gotten the electronic ESA 9154 movement running anyway. Truth be told, I haven't tried very hard since messing up the crystal and a palladium minute track. It was a sweet watch when it was whole. Good luck with that bezel and any ensuing repairs.

On 5/22/2021 at 1:44 AM, jdm said:

Thank you good sir that worked just fine. One thing I have to do is replace the crystal. But two other issue are the day reset button doesn't appear to work properly and the day setting also does not appear to work. The date works fine.

Edited by chicane