Omega Seamaster Chrono Pusher

A friend has given me his Omega Seamaster Chrono case no 176.007 cal 1040 to have a look at .

One of the crono buttons has broken off and will need replacing as the button is missing.

I have looked at Marks video on replacing the pusher in the Omega chronostop thread which looks the same although Mark did a Breitling.

My question is I see Cousins do a Horotec tool for chrono pushers and pendant tubes , does anyone know if there is a cheaper alternative and also whether they would do the job on the Seamaster and if they would do Rolex pendant tubes (looking at doing my Oyster date maybe)?

Bit reluctant to shell out £144 plus vat etc if its no good.

Mark mentions in the vid about using pliers but as it's not my watch I'd rather use the right tool , if it was mine i'd probably have a go.

Thanks Andy

I don't personally like the Horotec set as the ends are quite brittle and can break easily.

These are the ones I use: 

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/chronograph-pusher-tube-fitting-removing

Still quite pricey, but I reckon they are better quality.

I can't be certain but it may be the blue one you need, but please double check the size you need before you order one in case I am wrong.

I don't personally like the Horotec set as the ends are quite brittle and can break easily.

These are the ones I use: 

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/chronograph-pusher-tube-fitting-removing

Still quite pricey, but I reckon they are better quality.

I can't be certain but it may be the blue one you need, but please double check the size you need before you order one in case I am wrong.

Brilliant thanks for that Mark , most appreciated

Update on this i've managed to purchase it off the owner , when he found out the price of the parts , so have ordered the bits for myself and the tool Mark recommended ,It's been running and working a treat on the watch winder results are good on the timegrapher so hopefully with a new pusher crystal and caseback seal i will have got myself a keeper :-)

The case has been knocked about a bit but it does date to 1972

• Like 1

Hey Andyclient, I have a Omega Chronostop Genéve with the same missing pusher button. What parts did you order for that - specifically, what pusher button? Thanks!

I got it from Cousins mine was ref:086st0005 which is the complete pusher assembly you will need to put in your case number to be sure though as they might not be the same.

Right before i posted i thought i would check as i have a chrono stop and they are different but Cousins still stock them.

My chronostop case is ref no145.009 which has a smaller pusher than the seamaster , Cousins part no 086ST0002 £42.75 plus vat plus p&p

• 1 month later...

Andyclient Please for help me, live in Poland, I bought the Omega as a project to revive .Ineed in the two pushers and the crown, you can help in getting parts, numbers ref. or what will fit replacements. For any help I would appreciate and behold my project...

2.jpg

5415235300-3.jpg

Andyclient Please for help me, live in Poland, I bought the Omega as a project to revive .Ineed in the two pushers and the crown, you can help in getting parts, numbers ref. or what will fit replacements. For any help I would appreciate and behold my project...

2.jpg

5415235300-3.jpg

First you need to find out which reference the watch has ? That stands on the inside of the caseback . It looks to be the same as the OP ? 

2.jpg

5415235300-3.jpg

Hi , if the case no is the same as mine a 176.007 then the pushers are 086st0005 and the crown is 43238st but i would check the case no first

cheers Andy

• 3 months later...
  • 7 years later...