Hello all....New to this and would like some help

Jimbub

Hi, my name is Jimmy and I have just started watch collecting and repairs and this forum seems a great place to learn. I have brought basic watch tools (toolset from Ebay) and have acquired an old Sekonda chronograph style watch (Ebay again). I took the back off and replaced the 370 type battery but it still doesn't work. The movement seems to have some corrosion over most of it so I would like to replace it, but the only markings are "France Ebauches" and "One Jewel". Can anyone identify this movement or recommend a different replacement movement?

DSCF0414.JPG

DSCF0420.JPG

Many thanks for the replies, there are no other markings I can see, so tried to take the movement out to see if the calibre number is on the other side but with no joy. I looked on You Tube for removing winder stems but no luck there either for this movement. Does anyone know how to remove this winder stem?

Many thanks for the instruction and PDF. I managed to remove the stem by lifting what I think is part of the set lever, so the movement is out of the case now. However I can't find the FE 11522A calibre/replacement in the catalogue or online, I believe it is discontinued so is this the end of my watch?

25 minutes ago, Jimbub said:

However I can't find the FE 11522A calibre/replacement in the catalogue or online, I believe it is discontinued so is this the end of my watch?

Of course it has been discontinued decades ago. Not even the factory has survived. Your can only wait for a donor watch appearing on Ebay (do not count on the listing specifying the caliber number, you will have to recognize it). In the meanwhile you can focus learning on mechanical watches, which are the main item of interest for enthusiasts and watchmaker. A good way is to enroll in the online course by our host Mark Lovick at watchrepairlessons.com