Howdy

JohnSis

First my apologies, I did post a question prior to introducing myself and I was being a bit unsociable. I am relatively new to the world of watches and watches that need repairs. I have recently purchased a few watches and am still dealing with a bit of shock over costs of servicing a watch, the miniscule (at least to me) differences between real and replica watches, and issues of what to do when a watch I really like is probably going to need repairs. To demonstrate my newness to the field, I will say I like fewer complications (in life and watches) and have almost no clue what to do with a chronograph. But, I am learning a little, slowly, and I find it very interesting. I'm almost at a point where I am ready to start learning about movements; but not quite there yet. Not sure if my post survived and it's only appropriate if it didn't; so again, sorry for not introducing myself a little first.

v/r

John

No problem John  you were not the first or will be the last not to introduce your self, but you had the good manners to own up and do the introduction. So hello and welcome to the forum where help is plentiful. As you are just starting out in the horological journey I have attached a couple of documents to help you on your way,  enjoy the experience there are all levels of expertise to be had and it is given freely.    cheers

1612608791_ToolsfortheHobbyist.pdf TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf