Not Today, Perhaps Tomorrow - Poljot 31659 (3133) Aviator Chronograph

WillFly

In search of another mechanical, hand-wound chronograph, I was taken by the Poljot Aviator (Sturmanskie) chronographs of the 1980s/90s. I spotted this one on eBay - for a price quite a bit less than a Swiss equivalent - and the movement is based on a Swiss Valjoux 7734. The green strap looks rather hideous, but I'm sure I'll be able to find something more suitable in black calf... The pics aren't mine and are a bit fuzzy - I'll post some better ones when it comes.

Poljot%20face.jpg

Poljot%20movement.jpg

Poljot%20case%20back.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks, guys - from research, it looks like this one's from 1989. If you're into Poljot 3133 novements, there's a website dedicated exclusively to them!

http://www.polmax3133.com/

The internet, eh? Whatever you're into, there a website for you...

Excellent website Will what a good find. I have a couple of 3133's for restoration that I'm trying to get parts for.

Very nice! I have exactly that watch, but with silver hands. Mine is in need of a good servicing, which I plan to do some time in the next few months.

That green strap that yours came on looks like it was made from green garden hose. What did the strap feel like?

Very nice! I have exactly that watch, but with silver hands. Mine is in need of a good servicing, which I plan to do some time in the next few months.

That green strap that yours came on looks like it was made from green garden hose. What did the strap feel like?

It felt 'orrid!