Pallet Fork Jewel Oiling

wudce

This may have been ask before but here we go. I know you used only 9415 for them which I have. My question is do you oil only the entree stone or just the exit stone or both. I have seen it done both ways. One person says to oil only the entree stone then another says the exit stone only and then we have someone who oil the exit stone, turn the escapement wheel like fore turns then replay oil, turn wheel again etc. For the ETA 9498 for example  the tech sheet shows them oiling only entree stone. Could this be a movement specific thing. Thanks for help.  

Its the same diference, oil will transfer from one to the other and all escape teeth evenly in a day of running.

Accumulation of excess oil that gets pushed out of use way can cause damage to escape teeth, oiling every other teeth intends reduction of excess oil.

14 hours ago, wudce said:

I will do as I been doing and that just a very very very small drop on the  entree stone. I guess I was reading into things way to much.

what I find interesting about the subject is I was once in a room with 12 people that were supposed to know what they were doing and a instructor. You want to take a guess at how many variations of how to lubricate the escapement there were?

22 hours ago, HectorLooi said:

O what a can of worms you've open!

how can we have a can of worms it's only in escapement how complicated could it be to lubricate that?  the unfortunate reality can be depending upon how opinionated everyone is worst-case every single time we discussed anything related to lubrication we open up a dozen or more cans of worms.

But there's a solution is a video found at the link below with the interesting title of   "The Watch Escapement & Oiling Procedures". The title procedures is interesting oiling procedures is that mean there's more than one that would be acceptable how strange? I think you'll find the video really really good and yes he really does cover the lubrication you just have to watch the video.

https://youtu.be/Gy0o0KKBqeQ

• Like 1