Unitas 6497 Case

matabog

The first watch displayed in their collection is atrocious! The dial is neither central nor In line with any axis.

You can be riight, but I think the photo was taked very close, in macro, and you see a efect of paralax increased by the distortion of the thikness of the glass, due the photo was not take perpendicuary to the dial. But I can be wrong.

I don't think that the chinese people are so cross-eyed to do that...

• 3 weeks later...

I found a 43mm case today. At least it's 1mm smaller than the 44mm "standard" commonly found on eBay...

212-2-(1).jpg

They also have the asian 6497 with swan neck for $45 including shipping, which is the lowest I have found.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone ordered from wenping1970 site? I want to order a couple cheap movements to practice on and they seem better pricing than on ebay. As they also have other parts, I would like to order everything from one place.

- Garrett

• Similar Content

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Remove hands dial and have the movement out of the case remove the balance complete and pallets, make sure the train runs free, with these old Russian watches they have different length screws so make sure you have the correct screws for the parts. Are the pivots good and not bent what about the jewels you need to check everything.  
    • Hi All, my watch - raketa (2624 movement) Now the escape wheel can't move itself. If i blow air to balance wheel, the second hand can move .  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ykpAf63N2BUtvVVu1jra0p9hZP4xh9d-/view?usp=drive_link I have reinstall the click from mainspring barrel and the setlever and clutch lever. The other parts is unchanged. is it a problem about release all energy of the mainspring? How can i restore it?  
    • Here's a size chart. 40mm is about 17¾L. I looked in Bestfit but couldn't find anything close.   
    • I've started trying to use the Betfit, but I don't know which measurement I must take for the caliber. The diameter of the dial side is 40mm, and the other side 36,5mm 🤔.
    • I'm currently 3D printing a new basket and trays for my Pearl machine - I printed one last week in PETG material and it worked well at first. I had taken a calibration cube and soaked it in old cleaning fluid for 8 weeks and then measured it, and there was no discernable swelling or shrinkage and the cube seemed mechanically intact. All went well after the cleaning cycles and then onto the drying cycle..... that's when things went awry. The heat was more than I was expecting and the basket and individual trays warped and deformed, I later found out that PETG is rated to 65°C working temperature (PLA = 54°C) I am now trying to print from nylon (working temperature = +/- 100°C, depending on the specific blend) - but it is extremely difficult to print with, my third attempt is chugging away now while I am at work - hopefully I don't go home to a ball of wool like last time!  Assuming the heating compartment can't go higher than 100°C.... but not second guessing myself...anyone have any ideas or measured it? I also have a question on the trays, maybe I'm not seeing the obvious, but how do you use the ones identified with the arrow? they are called  Basket_for_large_mainplate_and_mainspring.stl Basket_for_small_mainplate_and_mainspring.stl I can see the place for the mainplate, but how are you supposed to place the mainspring, you can't uncoil the mainspring to fit around the outer circumference of the tray or else you would damage the inner tight coils. Is the idea that you supposed to lay it on top of the mainplate?