Retired Mechanical Engineer

Davis

Restore and repair motorcycles as a hobby. A few BMWs, Hondas, and a KLR. After  the garage got filled up I started making model steam engines on my Sherline lathe and mill. I have an 1970 Rolex and I thought I’d make a leather band for it. Started leather crafting by making a few tools. Watch bands came out “OK”. My son gave me a Chinese Rolex years ago so I started to tinker with it. Now interested in watch repair. 

Dave in St Louis

• Like 1

Hi Vin. My first bike after the kids where out of college was a 95 Sportster 1200c. Added a lot of farkles but not too much work. Sans a valve cover gasket. After ten years went over to the dark side and switched over to BMW. This group did a lot more of their own maintenance. This got me into restoring bikes. 

52 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Hi Davis. My first hobby was rebuilding auto engines which in no time got serious business, I specialized in aircooled VW short blocks for variety of uses. Welcome to the forum pal and keep safe.

Had a 60 VW and a 63 356 Porsche. Loved boxer engines as I now have BMW cycles and a Subaru