Malcolm new to WRT

Malcolm

Hi all 

Firstly thanks  to JDM andJohnR725 for replying to me on old thread about Tissot 2030.

I have never worked on a watch since I opened a timex as a child 55+ years ago to see how it worked (it didn't afterwards) 

Here is a bit of background as to how I ended up here. On 4 March I went to visit my father and to collect my grandfather's and great grandfather's two gold Rolex (cushion back I think)oyster watches that my mother (recently deceased) had left me.whilst I was there my father said you might as well have this watch your mother got for me (Tissot ) it kept running battery down so I got a new tissot in mid nineties. 

Firstly I contacted tissot to see if spares were still available they said spares for 10 years guaranteed not a good start then rang local jewelry and watch repairer he said bring it in and I will have a look(closed when I went to town) next opened  watch up (Chinese battery ) ordered some new batteries and found movement code 2030 this lead to me getting another seastar with same movement and broken bracelet as a source of spare parts I have also got new spare electronic module on the way just in case . I found thread on this site about tissot 2030 but pdf would not download so signed up then found pdf would download this is just what I was looking for.A basic set of watch repair tools has just arrived courtesy of Amazon 

Hopefully stepper motor is ok there is one other issue with the watch when I tried to set time the minute hand didn't  move so I thought something was broken inside (first mistake) apart from that the crown and stem came out of case (I didn't break it ! ) so something is amiss with the setting leaver it is not that screw was left loose as it has the early type of setting lever arrangement that has to be dissmantel to remove crown an stem.

Any further help would be appreciated as I would like to repair this myself.

• Like 1