Opinions on watch-strap combination

I have this Certina watch, 

jMRpdti.png

and I wanted to ask you guys what's your opinion on combining the watch with this Hirsch Osiris strap:

QDUeT6Q.png

I am waiting for your opinions, and if you don't find it suitable, I'm waiting for suggestions from reputable brands, priced around the 40 EUR mark. 

Thanks,

Alex

• Confused 1

It’s entirely your choice and what makes you feel happy.  I’m not a fan of bracelets and like leather straps,  the black strap matches the dial  and if you add a deployment clasp I think it would be perfect.....but that’s only me.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Redwood said:

It’s entirely your choice and what makes you feel happy.  I’m not a fan of bracelets and like leather straps,  the black strap matches the dial  and if you add a deployment clasp I think it would be perfect.....but that’s only me.

That's why I'm asking guys, to hear your opinions. Thanks for the input.

Decent  watch deserves decent strap.How heavy is the watch? If the case is on the bulky side it might  look too big on a leather strap.before you pay good money for a good strap.buy a cheap one see how it looks...see how  you like the proportions. most importantly  see how it wears. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, yankeedog said:

Decent  watch deserves decent strap.How heavy is the watch? If the case is on the bulky side it might  look too big on a leather strap.before you pay good money for a good strap.buy a cheap one see how it looks...see how  you like the proportions. most importantly  see how it wears. 

The watch is extremely "light", it's also pretty thin at 10mm. What I liked about that Hirsch model was that it is pretty thin and flexible, keeping the "lightness" of the whole thing.

That  is what I was concerned  with.it seems to be a good choice  then..while  I can't  claim  to know the brand specifically  ,if you are satisfied  with  the quality  it is likely  a good  choice. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, yankeedog said:

That  is what I was concerned  with.it seems to be a good choice  then..while  I can't  claim  to know the brand specifically  ,if you are satisfied  with  the quality  it is likely  a good  choice. 

The strap is from Hirsch, a reputable brand alongside ABP, Rios1931 and others. So quality is not a concern. Thank you very much for your input.

I do like leather. Myself, I would go for buffalo grain, black with white contrast stitching and a deployment clasp. Very fitting for a nice watch.:thumbsu:

(photo courtesy, eBay)

strap.jpg

Edited by FLwatchguy73

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By oldboy
      I am considering selling leather watch straps, but I have a question before I blindly go ahead and produce a bunch of them.
      I am wondering if anybody who has worked in the industry for a while can tell me what the most common sizes are of strap pins or lug widths?
      I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
      Anthony
    • By Dpastl
      Happy New Year everyone!
      I've been working on a lovely old Hudson watch with a Felsa 415 inside.  I've got the watch running (first automatic!), but I can't make heads or tails of the watch band.  I want to adjust it so that it fits me, but I've only every adjusted the old u-pin style.  Is there a trick to these older watch straps or are they not adjustable?
      I attached a few pictures to help.  The only markings on it are "JB Champion" (The JB is in a triangle).
      Thanks!

• By wilding
      Hi there watch repair experts and fans! My first time here so please be gentle with me
      It concerns the ladies watch you see in the pics and, in particular, its rather unusual metal bracelet strap.
      I want to make the strap a few links shorter.
      Normally with metal bracelets it is, of course, all about pushing out the pins, taking out the bits of the bracelet you don't need and then putting it all back together.
      But THIS one has a weird-looking two-section bracelet which, as far as I can see, is held together by very small screws (?)  from each side and no pins involved.
      Obviously I am wondering what to do to get the pins/screws out.
      Another thing of course i that I will have to take one link from either side of the bracelet.
      Anyone seen a bracelet like this before. HOW to do this adjustment??
      I hope you can see what you need to in these photos.

• By PJA
      Hello there. It's the first time I came across this type of pins in the strap, and although I didn't need to remove the strap I was wondering how to go about it. Is this need to be unscrewed or some sort of other technique?

• By pendlebg
      Hi,

I am new to this forum, so if I have posted in the incorrect section my apologies and please feel free to direct me elsewhere..

I am looking for a local reputable watch repair service (independant or national business), I live in Halifax, West Yorkshire UK.

I have two watches that I am looking for help with:

1) Fossil watch (similar in appearance to this) the pin has snapped and the small spring section which goes watch body is still in place. I believe it may need to be drilled out?
          Other wise the strap and watch is in perfect working order.

2) Emporio Armani watch (similar in appearance to this) I have had the watch sometime and I now need a new link adding back in, but I am not able to find the link. Can new links be obtained, or must the strap be replaced? (The strap looks the same as this).

Thank you in advance.

Gareth