I've polished this way by hand a couple of times, starting first with 600 grit sand paper, then moving finer towards 2400 grit, and finally cerium oxide worked into a paste. This took a great deal of time by hand (with a wheel I'm sure it would be a lot quicker) and I would only do it again if very stuck. Some of the deeper scratches I just gave up on removing.

Polishing acrylic crystals is so much more satisfying, and Sensodyne toothpaste is a lot nicer to work with than cerium oxide paste ;)

Cheers for the info mate, I’ve got a Fashion watch ( Gucci 1500L ) that I picked up for a steal. I have a replacement crystal from cousins 20mm x 9mm flat rectangular, got the size from esslinger (220x090) so fingers crossed the Stern Kreuz one will fit if the polishing doesn’t work. As for the bracelet and case that’s getting the good news with stainless cutting compound then polishing compound after. All getting done with the dremel so hopefuly all goes well.

Nice mate, I started this evening with the dremel, it’s nice and shiney but there are a couple of deeper scratches that I don’t think will come out.

so I think I will be getting a new one, as you can see esslinger stock them, I’ve done a product request through cousins as he sternkruez one I bought is too big.

B83C1F05-3EA1-452B-9664-D32A50158327.jpeg