Nixon Patriot Crown came off.

So the crown on this Nixon Patriot has come off.  I bought this used and knowing it had this issue.  Now I'm trying to figure out if it can be fixed.  The stem isn't attached and i cant tell if the stem can be reattached or if its broken.  Anyone here have any advice or idea of how to go about fixing this?

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 11.18.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 11.18.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 11.18.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 11.18.13 AM.png

Is it broken , or has it become unscrewed? either way you will have to remove the back and extract the stem from the movement.if it is broken you are looking at a new crown and stem , If unscrewed you will have to screw it back on snugly.

The stem is likely broken. Mark has a great video on how to fit a new stem. It's posted on YouTube and it takes all the guess work out of it. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Vt-zJ1ju4

Edited by TexasDon
insert link

Hi  If parts are a bit dodgy you can get stem extenders which screw onto  the original

stem and cut to length,  Assuming its not a two part stem  its a case of taking off the back

and removing the broken bits and a new stem, Whats the watch movement, a picture would 

of help in identifying whats required

Ok, thanks guys.  I actually dont have the watch yet.  Its in the mail and these are the photos i have.  I'll check it out further once it get here.  Hopefully i'll be able to use an extender to fix this.  I'm not sure how i would find the correct stem for this but i'll update with more detailed photos once i receive it and get everyones opinions.  Much appreciated.

its a swiss quartz movement.  Is there any guide or way to find out the model number of the stem?  I haven't been able to find anything.  Or if i remove it will i be able to compare it to photos online to find the correct one?  wasn't sure if these can be purchased aftermarket or if they are direct from the manufacturer.  sorry for my ignorance.  thanks for the help.

Once the watch is in your possession, open the case back and the movement number should be stamped or printed directly on the movement. Search for that movement's documentation and you should find the correct part number for a new stem. Personally, I would only consider using a stem extender if a new, full length stem isn't available.

awesome, thanks.  I got some more photos.  it looks like the stem broke off right at the post attached to the crown.  So it could be a problem getting the small broken piece out of there.  only the smallest bit is sticking out.  I think.  The photos arent super high quality. here is the photo that looks like that to me.  i'll figure something out.  I got the watch for 45 and otherwise couldnt have afforded it so i'll give it my best to fix it.  I'm usually pretty good when it comes to these types of things.  Thanks for the knowledge.  

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 3.00.42 PM.png

Got the watch.  so it does seem that the stem is broken off just at the base of the crown, where there isnt enough of the stem sticking out to unscrew it.  I tried to super glue a nut to it so i could unscrew it but theres just not enough surface area.  contacted nixon to see if the can sell me a replacement crown but havn't heard back yet.  the other option would be to get a small (1mm or so) size tube and put it over the post on the crown and over the stem and secure with liquid weld.  But until i decide, i was able to rotate the stem with needle nose pliers and set the time and the watch is working perfectly.  and the crown is a screw down so it stays on for now.

so they wont send me any parts.  they will only let me send it in to be serviced which im sure is more expensive than i want to spend.  so unless i can find a nixon watch that is broken for parts and has a good matching crown, i'm probably SOL unless i can rig it somehow. 

I can see that my movement is a Ronda 6004.B Swiss R9.  Looks like i can get a replacement stem for about $6. I really want to be able to use the original crown because it has the watch logo and exact color match but I dont see how i can do that without finding one off a broken watch or something.  I'm looking into finding a replacement crown for this but I'm also confused on exactly how to order it, which size, threads, etc.  Also having trouble finding the dark gun metal color to match.  If anyone has any tips or advice let me know.  Thanks.IMG_3522.JPG.a1e929181704dc8f2e06d02791cde213.JPG

IMG_3532.JPG

IMG_3531.JPG

IMG_3533.JPG

Find a crown to fit the specs in the attached file:

I would take the crown to a good professional watchmaker and inquire about the possibility of saving the crown. There comes a time to swallow our pride and call in the pros. He may well be able to order a new crown, should that be needed, as he's in the business.

Ronda 6004.B_Stem.pdf