Hi there from the Finger Lakes of central New York

Hi folks,

I'm very new to watch collecting and repair, and have enjoyed the learning opportunities that have come up so far.  It started when I needed a new watch and thought I'd give wind-up movements a try.  I'm a mechanical engineer by trade, so I suppose I couldn't help myself.  My first purchase was a Vostok Komandirskie (re-issue?) that quit running after a few months and I think some kind of bug jumped out and bit me when I opened up the case.  After that I simply had to know what was involved, and found the process quite relaxing.  Several tack-shop and garage sale purchases later, with a few tools and books picked up along the way, I'm excited to have completed a cleaning and rebuild on my first alarm dollar-watch and a jewel replacement on a 1914 Hampden.  I currently work in the solar industry as a PV Systems Engineer and enjoy living in a simple off-grid home with my fiance and our companion critters.  I'm looking forward to getting to know you and am excited to have found this brain-trust out here on the inter-webs.

Thanks for having me and best regards!    

Hello Wesley are you sure that bug that jumped out and bit you wasn't a click spring :Djoking aside its good to have you here if you've come to learn your in the right place no question too small.

Mick