Valjoux 7733 keyless work?

rogart63

Do the setting lever  easily jump out of the keyless work on this movement? Can't get the stem back in after i changed the crystal? 

Is there any trick? To avoid getting in the same situation again? Like pressing on the tab when putting the stem back in or not pressing? 

Do i need a movement holder to put the hands back? If i do i think i will let the watchmaker in town do it? 

Edited by rogart63

Sounds like it could be the problem? Doesn't seam to be to difficult to remove the hands and dial? So i think i will have a go? @oldhippy do you think i need a new setting lever spring? Or shall i check first? Maybe i order a movement holder anyway ? Found a nice 3-D printed  one on Ebay 

With many movements this can be avoided by pulling the crown to hands setting position before stem removal.

Other calibres are immune to the issue, with some it is even advisable to leave the stem in winding position.

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

Have fixed the keyless work and watch up and running again. It was the small little tab that jumped of. Changed the setting lever spring anyway when i was under there. If i would have known that i could have fixed it without taking the dial of? New gaskets and a new crown along with a new crystal from tiptopcrystals. Got double amount of crystals from them? They are great. The GS crystal was a little thicker then the sternkreuz so fitted much better. 

DSC07777.JPGDSC07778.JPG

Edited by rogart63
  • Like 1