Hi To All

Legarm

Hi, I started the hobby in Oct of last year to help with the motability of my hands, which are permanently numb. I have persisted and I am now able to strip down mechanical watches, clean, assess for minor problems, change jewels, resize jewel holes, attach new dial posts, re-assemble the watches, haven't tried Autos yet. Hankering to have a go at a chronograph, but my wife said not my Omega....

I do have a couple of questions......

1. If I spend 4 hours watch making..... why do I spend 2 of them on the floor looking for bits that seem to have disappeared into a black hole in our spare bedroom?
  2. I have bought a "favorite Jewelling Tool", but some parts are missing. Any ideas where to buy new Pushers, Pump Pushers and other accessories?

Loving the hobby and hands are slightly better.

Looking forward to seeing all the posts on this site.

Also, have watched and learnt an awful lot from Marks wonderful videos.

Welcome - you're certainly doing more watch fettling than I am! (I keep my fingers tuned to guitar playing...). Good to hear that bits fly into the usual black hole - welcome to the club!

Edited by WillFly

Welcome aboard Legarm.

This is a great forum to be part of and there is a huge knowledge base amongst the members that can be tapped when required. Well done for what you have achieved given the time and circumstances. I'm sure it won't be long until you delve into chronographs, which are a passion of mine. :-)

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.

Maurice, I'm sure I read somewhere that Seitz Pushers etc; do not fit the Favorite Press, I hope I'm wrong as that would make my searching a lot easier...... any one know any different.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums Legarm, lots of brainpower on here, someone should be able to answer your questions.

Hazard of the job, losing tiny parts, screws etc. unless you are Mark, who I have never seen lose anything in any of his videos.  It should happen less and less as you become more skilled.

I have dug out my very old seitz kit and measured everything. The 2 sleeves, one for the reamers and one for the pushers are 8mm diameter. The stumps have a 3mm fitting. The pushers a 4mm fitting and the reamers have a taper fit which is 2.5mm at its widest. Hope thats a help!?

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums Legarm, lots of brainpower on here, someone should be able to answer your questions.

Hazard of the job, losing tiny parts, screws etc. unless you are Mark, who I have never seen lose anything in any of his videos.  It should happen less and less as you become more skilled.

Perhaps he uses the wonders of "Digital Editing". ...... No, I'm sure he wouldn't. Anyway I've learnt an awful lot from his videos. 

I have dug out my very old seitz kit and measured everything. The 2 sleeves, one for the reamers and one for the pushers are 8mm diameter. The stumps have a 3mm fitting. The pushers a 4mm fitting and the reamers have a taper fit which is 2.5mm at its widest. Hope thats a help!?

Thanks for that...... It may be "Favorite" are no longer around..... I have seen Mark use the same one, perhaps he has a source for spares.

If you watch very carefully on one of the first vids (an Omega) which was sped up, you will see a spring flying across my bench - I tried to stay cool about it :D

• Like 1