Seiko 6139-6002

arkobugg

Hello Mates!!

Im working on i dial for a Seiko 6139-6002 with the golden colour dial, and want to refurbish this dial. And I need some paint that can match the existing colour.

Is there anybody that have some experience with nail polish??

Can this be used, and how to aply it to area that are 0,3mm X 0,3mm

Thanks and best

Hi arkobugg,

I usually don't retouch dials since they are very delicate. On one or two occasions I have use a very small (super small) dab of black acrylic paint on a certain type of dial as a last resort and was able to hide -- with lukewarm success -- the tiny dot on the display. Not recommended!

That said, I don't think any dial will really be able to be completely restored unless you use professional methods that, by the way, seem to be kind of well guarded.

Cheers,

Bob

On 21.10.2016 at 5:31 PM, bobm12 said:

Hi arkobugg,

I usually don't retouch dials since they are very delicate. On one or two occasions I have use a very small (super small) dab of black acrylic paint on a certain type of dial as a last resort and was able to hide -- with lukewarm success -- the tiny dot on the display. Not recommended!

That said, I don't think any dial will really be able to be completely restored unless you use professional methods that, by the way, seem to be kind of well guarded.

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Bob, just as I thought....I know is that is a difficult task, but this dial is very rar and hard to find original. ....

Can you ore anyone else recommend someone that can do this ? here is a photo of the dial.

Thanks Armand

DSC_0056.JPG13277676_465090420363029_2070390318_n.jpg

14 hours ago, arkobugg said:

Hi Bob, just as I thought....I know is that is a difficult task, but this dial is very rar and hard to find original. ....

Can you ore anyone else recommend someone that can do this ? here is a photo of the dial.

Nothing is wrong with it. Leave it alone, and wear it with pride.

• Like 1

On October 23, 2016 at 8:39 PM, arkobugg said:

Thanks Armand

DSC_0056.JPG13277676_465090420363029_2070390318_n.jpg

I really have to agree with jdm,...There's nothing wrong with it . Leave it alone and wear it . 

Having said that  , you seem to think this dial is rare . An original would be hard to find , but you putting make-up on it isn't going to improve the value .  I just saw 3 AM gold colored dials for sale on ebay going from $14+ to $35 + , and yours looks as good or better than those . 

I really decided to input my 2 cents worth into this post because having a few vintage Seiko chronometers , I wouldn't consider a Pogue "rare" because there are so many on the market with the sellers all claiming them to be rare , then putting an unrealistic "buy it now price " in an effort to support the "rare" discription . 

I would consider a Pogue dial that was original with the words ," Water70Resist " , to be scarce , "Water70Proof"  to be even scarcer , and the first Pogues with the notched case at the crown position to be Rare .

In any case I think yours looks good enough to wear just as it is .  I have a gold dial Pogue , and  it is good looking .

Aloha ,

Louis