To Those of you with CousinsUK Tubed Daylight lamps

SSTEEL

Have any of you come across problems with the wiring of these three tubed daylight lamps?  I have two, and a little while ago one of the tubes went out on one of them, and then this morning, a tube went out on my second one.  I had originally purchased some new tubes from cousins, but upon fitting it in the first lamp, it didn't work, so tried a known working tube in the slot, and nothing, so a faulty wiring was suspect.

Fast forward to this morning, back at work, and set about renewing the tube in my second lamp, but low and behold, its another dud, new tube won't work, or known working tube swapped across to the slot the tube wasn't working.  So obviously a faulty batch of these lamps, or a common problem?

I will be ordering those LED lamps that Mark has soon, as I've never been quite happy with the heat these tubes give off anyways.

Just to note, my lamps are almost 4 years old.

Edited by SSTEEL

Sorry to hear that Micky. From what you are saying, it seems to be the wiring. Maybe after 4 years the insulation went boom...I'm glad you found this fault and now everybody reading this knows better.

I hope someone can also enlighten us about this problem.

Cheers,

Bob

I just looked through my paperwork for these lamps, and now realise, the first lamp I got was from eBay, its exactly the same as the ones Cousins sell.  I read my notes that I contacted the seller at the time about the problem, and they said to return the lamp back to them, and they would replace for free, however I was so busy at the time, I put up with it, and ordered a second lamp from cousins.

Now the cousins lamp has done the same, it has to be a manufacture QC problem in my opinion, both lamps have the same markings, made in China etc, so no doubt from the same supplier.

Sounds like they have you between a rock and a hard place SSTEEL.  <grin>

On a lamp related question.  Which lamp(s) does Mark use?  I bought a LED lamp off Amazon that is okay for light output but it comes from a rather small area.  So the light is easy blocked by head, hands or tools.  Just curious if you knew the specific lamp Mark is using or you had found something similar.  

• Like 1

I remember HSwalsh from my days, never heard of the others.

I used to go to Mahoney associates.

58 Stapleton Road

BS5 0RB Bristol

City Of Bristol England

0117 955 6800

i don't know if there still going it was a family concern and they where excellent.

The other was Southern Watch and Clock Suppliers Orpington Kent

38 minutes ago, lluvitar said:

Sounds like they have you between a rock and a hard place SSTEEL.  <grin>

On a lamp related question.  Which lamp(s) does Mark use?  I bought a LED lamp off Amazon that is okay for light output but it comes from a rather small area.  So the light is easy blocked by head, hands or tools.  Just curious if you knew the specific lamp Mark is using or you had found something similar.  

Mark has posted about the led lamps, they were from cousins too.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.