Help getting a stem and crown for a Peugeot Swiss incabloc watch.

Since the female part of the stem looks intact, you may get away with just a stem extender (probably 0.9mm will fit). If you need a new part you need to get the complete set, male and female, to ensure that they fit well.

For the crown you would need the diameter of the crown tube and also specify the material (stainless steel or GP).

rgds

Anil

The only thing i found now was this? 

It has a split stem. But that must be hard to find one the fits the other. My only guess is? check with the usual places like obsoletewatches and kudarsson. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Paul-Peugeot-Pocket-Watch-Movement-17-Jewels-Incabloc-34mm-/201560560202

Edited by rogart63

There's enough thread left for an extender don't forget a spot of thread lock when you attach it . do you own a tap and die set like this its ideal for finding thread sizes.tap.jpg

There's enough thread left for an extender don't forget a spot of thread lock when you attach it . do you own a tap and die set like this its ideal for finding thread sizes.tap.jpg

No I do not. Where do you pick these up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ebay quite cheap ideal for stem sizing starts at 0.7 mm up to 2.0 mm then you order your extender when you've figured out the stem dia ive also added stem dia to tap No too.

StemTap-mm-288x300.jpg

Ebay quite cheap ideal for stem sizing starts at 0.7 mm up to 2.0 mm then you order your extender when you've figured out the stem dia ive also added stem dia to tap No too.

StemTap-mm-288x300.jpg

What do I search for on eBay. The tool name? Also, can I simply measure the diameter of the stem or are all threads different? The whole stem world is rather new to ma as I am slowly making my way through all the various problems (setting a roller jewel tomorrow)

Go on jewellery and watches then watches parts and accessories then parts tools and guides and search tap and die set you could measure it with a micrometer or vernier calipers but I would use the die set its safer.

17 hours ago, jdrichard said:

Here is the movement . Looks like I need a crown and half a steam61da6b0af28f2df607f54fecf144f06e.jpgcbc84d69f06b0fbf2454d50e7a99af87.jpg8c455d83c325cd57ba045d8555933a5d.jpgda848a12ad87660f1dbcff6737fe30ea.jpg

I didn't see the half stem before :) A stem extender on that would work nice. I have some old female split stems somewhere. But if they work i don't now? I can post one? PM? 

• Like 1

Do you think this will work? The threaded parts is approx 0,95  and the female part is approx 1,18 mm . 

DSC06780.JPG

The fat part of the existing piece is 1.2, however, I need to measure this again with a micrometer and not the digital one I used as it misses a decimal place.