ETA 2836-2 with Several Complications

When I stumbled upon this Trias watch on the bay a while ago now (Seller has been having trouble selling it for a while as I have seen it on there for months), I was intrigued, it has a Swiss ETA 2836-2 movement fitted, however, instead of the two popular, and well known complications, Date, and Day, this also has, 24h, Month, Daylight/Night(moon/sun), two pushers crown side, and a push button @8 o'clock position.  I was really curious, so purchased it.  I plan on dissecting it to give it a service, and will be interesting to see how all these complications reside on a 2836 movement.

Here are some photos.

25948169244_ed59397d83_h.jpgTrias1 by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

26527138486_3454860c1b_h.jpgTrias3 by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

26553145835_62e7b7945a_h.jpgTrias4 by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

25948168594_ec72422fa9_h.jpgTrias5 by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

25950233513_c75bde3434_h.jpgTrias6 by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

And a photo of the user manual.

25948168144_afd2684881_h.jpgTrias7 by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

Anyone else come across an ETA 2836 with these complications before?

Whats more confusing is the user manual starts 21,600bph, and 35 jewels, obviously those extra jewels must play a part in those extra complications, but why low beat 21,600bph when an ETA 2836-2 is high beat, 28,800bph?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, frenchie said:

Looking forward to the walkthrough!!!!

Is there an empty screw hole (under the word "watch" on the back)?

I don't think the empty screw hole is particularly unusual - I've seen that on a number of movements when in situ. Much depends on the case style being used for the movement.

On the other hand...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SSTEEL said:

Whats more confusing is the user manual starts 21,600bph, and 35 jewels, obviously those extra jewels must play a part in those extra complications, but why low beat 21,600bph when an ETA 2836-2 is high beat, 28,800bph?

I was thinking the exact same thing, time to throw that onto the Timegrapher! :D

Nice find:)

Edited by jeffc83

16 hours ago, WillFly said:

I don't think the empty screw hole is particularly unusual - I've seen that on a number of movements when in situ. Much depends on the case style being used for the movement.

On the other hand...

Hadn't noticed that screw hole, I will inspect and find out how the movement is secured to the case.

Will also put the watch on the timegrapher when it arrives, and post the results.

Hi Micky,

That's an interesting find...would it be some 2836 made by another company? i.e. could be a sellita or some similar...or even copied by the German company with some mods to accommodate the complications...

It is really going to be an excellent post when you can report back with your findings...and looking forward to a walkthrough!

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And its landed, the first thing I did was check it on the timegrapher, its a high beat ETA 2836-2, 28,800bph.

The Amplitude, sec/day and Beat Error were not readable, worst ETA movement reading Ive seen, I guess those complications take their toll on its performance.

Looking forward to tearing it down, but work calls, snowed under, so if you are waiting on me dissecting this unusual watch, then bare with me :)

I will bear with you Micky, but definitely NOT bare with you! :D Just couldn't resist!

About that movement, it is getting more and more interesting. The mystery is keeping me on the edge of the seat! No, seriously, I'm very curious about this mod I've never seen or head of before!

Cheers,

Bob