Strange Swiss Pocket Watch

The back pops up so carefully take it off and give us a picture of the movement. If it is about 16 ligne, I'm willing to bet my mother-in-law it is of the 6498 type movement without the seconds hand...if I loose I win! :)

The back pops up so carefully take it off and give us a picture of the movement. If it is about 16 ligne, I'm willing to bet my mother-in-law it is of the 6498 type movement without the seconds hand...if I loose I win! :)

Bob, Ye know too much. I need to go home from work to do this:); be around 4 hours from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do intend on cleaning it; very carefully if it is worth anything.

I don't think you'll be doing too much in the way of cleaning JD. It certainly isn't one of Switzerland's finest. :(

So I gave the back a polish and it looks like there was a thin gold foil or paint as using a drumel on the back removed it. But it does look better. The front is still gold. Not sure if I want to touch it.3b3d620eb1bd288430c6cd12f8447a65.jpg53cbe8886ca5e3c664339915d9569809.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cleaned the chain with my ultrasonic last night and man the dirt came out nicely. I did buff the crap out of the watch and it does look great, but I took off all the original gold paint. Not sure I care as this is not thought to be a high end collector watch. Most likely regulate it tonight.

From Canada

• Like 1