Basic Watch Oiling

jdrichard

You can start out using two oils one which needs to be thin for the balance and one slightly thicker for the train,winding parts and mainspring. I retired a few years ago so I'm not up to date on what oils are on offer in this present time.

• Like 1

You can start out using two oils one which needs to be thin for the balance and one slightly thicker for the train,winding parts and mainspring. I retired a few years ago so I'm not up to date on what oils are on offer in this present time.

I don't think I have the oil required to oil the balance cock assembly, pinions etc?

Oils I have purchased so far.

1. Moebius 9010

2. Moebius 9104, HP1300

3. Moebius D-5

4. KT22

5. Pocket watch oiler (not sure the viscosity)

From Canada

From Canada

And I was also told 'NEVER OIL PALLET LEVER PIVOTS' - so, that's what I was told.

You already have more different kinds of oil than my watchmaker...LOL

I live in Saskatchewan. Where are you?

Dave

i am in Ottawa . Thanks for the advise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I was also told 'NEVER OIL PALLET LEVER PIVOTS' - so, that's what I was told.

You already have more different kinds of oil than my watchmaker...LOL

I live in Saskatchewan. Where are you?

Dave

That is correct. You can oil the pallet stones with a very tiny drop of oil but that is all.

• Like 1

The basically part worries me...

Also, d5 and Hp1300 are used in the same spot, either one or the other. If the movement is low bit you can use 9010 in the pallet jewels in a pinch. You only use 9415 or 941 (for low bit) in the pallet jewels and you don't list them, so I guess either 9010 or get some of the real product just in case.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• if you're trying to keep track of conversations scattered all over the message board emails are an absolute must.   looking at the bell icon on the top of the page versus the emails today it looks like I got the correct amount of emails. So making some minor change based on the one of the images up above I started getting notifications again. But at times I still have a suspicion that something isn't quite right. I have some feeling that the message board may delay sending emails until something so seems to be a long delay between when you get your emails just a weird feeling things aren't quite right oh  and then even though I do seem to be getting emails I no longer get notifications of personal messages I don't find that out until I arrived at the message board where I'm pretty sure I used to get notifications of those two. So something is definitely changed on the message board. then for everyone not getting emails you do want to check your spam folder. I have found that sometimes were open up an email the system I use warns me that it thinks the email is evil and bad and I have no idea why he thinks some of the emails are and some are not. But this is actually the program I use not the email system which also has a mind of its own as to what it considers spam so you should always check your spam folder.
    • 10.46 according to Google. What do I do with it once I have the measurement in lignes?
    • If you Google "site:watchrepairtalk.com Unruh" it should answer your question. https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Awatchrepairtalk.com+Unruh&sca_esv=cd1cd8ba04cfc6b9&rlz=1C1BYYL_svSE993SE993&sxsrf=ACQVn08-tJuTdvkJ1CZdy5PcUR7BB6zDaQ%3A1714681373604&ei=HfYzZtTBJPf8wPAPnsySiA0&ved=0ahUKEwiUxLTx5e-FAxV3PhAIHR6mBNEQ4dUDCBA&uact=5&oq=site%3Awatchrepairtalk.com+Unruh&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiHnNpdGU6d2F0Y2hyZXBhaXJ0YWxrLmNvbSBVbnJ1aEjfCVAAWABwAXgAkAEAmAEjoAEjqgEBMbgBA8gBAJgCAKACAJgDAIgGAZIHAKAHLQ&sclient=gws-wiz-serp
    • If you loosen the case back does that make any difference?