Basic Watch Oiling

jdrichard

You can start out using two oils one which needs to be thin for the balance and one slightly thicker for the train,winding parts and mainspring. I retired a few years ago so I'm not up to date on what oils are on offer in this present time.

• Like 1

You can start out using two oils one which needs to be thin for the balance and one slightly thicker for the train,winding parts and mainspring. I retired a few years ago so I'm not up to date on what oils are on offer in this present time.

I don't think I have the oil required to oil the balance cock assembly, pinions etc?

Oils I have purchased so far.

1. Moebius 9010

2. Moebius 9104, HP1300

3. Moebius D-5

4. KT22

5. Pocket watch oiler (not sure the viscosity)

From Canada

From Canada

And I was also told 'NEVER OIL PALLET LEVER PIVOTS' - so, that's what I was told.

You already have more different kinds of oil than my watchmaker...LOL

I live in Saskatchewan. Where are you?

Dave

i am in Ottawa . Thanks for the advise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I was also told 'NEVER OIL PALLET LEVER PIVOTS' - so, that's what I was told.

You already have more different kinds of oil than my watchmaker...LOL

I live in Saskatchewan. Where are you?

Dave

That is correct. You can oil the pallet stones with a very tiny drop of oil but that is all.

• Like 1

The basically part worries me...

Also, d5 and Hp1300 are used in the same spot, either one or the other. If the movement is low bit you can use 9010 in the pallet jewels in a pinch. You only use 9415 or 941 (for low bit) in the pallet jewels and you don't list them, so I guess either 9010 or get some of the real product just in case.