A Lick Of Luck

Last two days have been for me.. little things that make your day.

• A guy to which I sold a Seiko had dropped it, and started gaining like crazy. He brought it back to me, looked at the hs and the outer coils were too close. With No. 5 not-Dumont tweezers I gave an opening touch to the outer bend of the dog leg... then another.. put it on the machine... bang! It went back at +4 sec / day right away. No need to say the owner was very happy to have it working good again for free. I was even happier as that was my first really successful hs manipulation.
  • Did a sort of heart transplant moving balance and cock from a movement to another, on which me myself had messed up the hairspring... operation was successful... allowing the watch to be sold today for a profit.
  • Worked a little on another rebel Seiko with a strage pattern (the one needing escapement lubrication which I posted about), it went smoothly and that is now for sale too.
  • Finally one guy called out of the blue for yet another Seiko I had been listing for some long time, he showed up and paid cash... in the meanwhile Cousins responded positively to my quote request for a pawl lever.

Wish all weeks were like that!

Edited by jdm

Hallo - my name is Wilhelm Fliegenhaus and I have £50,000,000 which I need to transfer from my Nigerian bank account to the USA. If you can help me with this, I can offer you a 10% commission. All I need to do this is your bank account details...

• Like 2

Hallo - my name is Wilhelm Fliegenhaus and I have £50,000,000 which I need to transfer from my Nigerian bank account to the USA. If you can help me with this, I can offer you a 10% commission. All I need to do this is your bank account details...

:D  :D  :D  :D