Maurice Lecroix Case

Paul78

I have a Maurice Lacroix which has two screws snapped in the case, we've tried to drill them to without success - drill just slips and digs further into the case around the screw.

Is there anyone who can drill the area out where the screws go and then refill it with steel to tap new holes into it? can this even be done?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

It will probably stain the case, so it will probably require a polish afterwards. A light hand polish using the likes of Solvol Autosol is all that should be required. You can buy it here:- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100g-Alum-Fatakdi-Powder-Aluminium-Potassium-Sulphate-Anti-Bacterial-Deodorant-/161295137745?hash=item258df07bd1:g:pXkAAOxyc2pTZhnQ

yeh thanks, ive been placing the jar on top of the drier on the watch cleaner while im in the shop, hopefully it will be ready tomorrow

Any update?  Interested because I have 2 broken screws in a womens Hublot that I got super cheap....

I thought it was working initailly, I've left the watch in there still but doesn't seem to be doing anything now. Ive put it in a fresh batch too, with hot water and kept it warm by placing the jar on top of the drier, so no luck yet...

Any idea of the dia of the thread.

If you can get a really fine pilot hole into the screw you then follow up with one a bit larger.

Then using a LH tap into the screw this will unscrew it.

The first problem is to get a small enough area of flat on the screw so that you can drill the first hole. Or use a very fine punch to drive centre point into the screw.

I think this a micro engineering problem rather than a chemical solution.

Have had success with a couple of Omegas in the past.

Heat and ultrasonic usually works . I have used it many times. It's harder to remove a stem or are long screw only from one side. But make sure that the alum is dissolved in the water. Here in Sweden we buy it in the supermarket or normal grocery store. It's used for making pickles. Wouldn't be surprised if you have it at your stores to?