Found my father’s old watch but i cant seem to find what model it is online

1 hour ago, RichardHarris123 said:

It's an Omega Speedmaster Broad arrow.  The broad arrow refers to the hands, being wide.  The hands on yours seem incorrect  

Screenshot_20240221_102626_Chrome.jpg

Are you sure it's genuine? 

thats the thing,im not sure i did some research and the hands are wrong so i have no clue,ill have to take it to an omega store to have it checked out

Does it run?

Watch accuracy meter app is online and free to download.

Next, Put your watch on mic of your phone, lets the watch stabalize for  few minutes, then  hit the start button, do this in at least 3 positions, show us the graph, I can  tell you if the escapement is good enough to be Omega.

PS: I am getting good at it. 🤠

Edited by Nucejoe

12 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Does it run?

Watch accuracy meter app is online and free to download.

Next, Put your watch on mic of your phone, lets the watch stabalize for  few minutes, then  hit the start button, do this in at least 3 positions, show us the graph, I can  tell you if the escapement is good enough to be Omega.

PS: I am getting good at it. 🤠

That's amazing. I didn't know an app could work using the phone mic. Just downloaded it and tried it on the watch I'm currently regulating. It agrees exactly with my Weishi 1000.

@Endeavor  let us see graphical display in 3 main positions.

Adjusting costs more than a fake watch.

Takes a master watchmaker two weeks to adjust, I am looking to buy a Grand Seiko, says 17days to adjust it.

Rgds

10 minutes ago, mikepilk said:

Agreed, but it did a decent job :

image.thumb.png.2eb55e1aade83af2cf1309648d344029.png

Yes you did. whats the watch ?

32 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

whats the watch ?

It's the Longines 30L I posted about in "Longines Balance staff pivots - are they too flat ?"

I wanted an accurate wristwatch, and I'm not disappointed. I wore it  all yesterday, including playing a round of golf - it's a good tough test for a watch. After 24h it was -1s.  So I tweaked it 🤣 a bit to what you see +1 to +2s/day.  If you want an accurate watch, I recommend one. (It was @nickelsilver who suggested the 30mm Longines as being accurate).

BTW I remember seeing a video about a Patek Philippe tourbillon - they take two weeks to adjust it.  £££

Ya I remember, you didn't say  anything about poising the balance,  I guess you didn't , so I  gathered you must have mastered fitting in staffs.  Thats really something.

There use to be staff fitters in my neck of the woods, thats all the guy  did all day so got real good at it, hardly ever a restaffed balance needed poising.

Congrats, good results, enjoy your watch in good health.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Awong said:

thats the thing,im not sure i did some research and the hands are wrong so i have no clue,ill have to take it to an omega store to have it checked out

Can't you remove the back? A cheap tool will do if your not taking watch repair up as a hobby.  Or use the nut method, glue a nut to the back, unscrew, then soak the back in acetone.  Polish the back. 

Either way, let us know the findings.