Another meaning of "Shelf life" ?

32 minutes ago, eccentric59 said:

Did she then offer for you to come in and dry your feet by her fire? I suspect an ulterior motive. 😉 

Where rubber boots crack, any rubber would just as easy.  🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Endeavor said:

For a walk along the swampy beach, together with our neighbor woman and our dogs, I was offered to wear a pair of rubber-boots (wellies) of her late husband.

The boots had been, for years, stored on a shelf, hardly worn. I checked them, they were my size and looked great.......... off we went into the swampy beach  🐾 😉

It wasn't long before I detected wet socks and noticed large cracks across the vamp of the boots. They weren't there when I inspected them !!

If I hadn't worn those boots, they would have had a much longer "shelf-live" 😂

Haha Endeavor what was that all about ? You do know that I'm the one with the random behaviour.  That story fits perfectly in the chat about anything section. 😅

There's a lot of winking going on, am i in the right forum 🤣🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, Endeavor said:

I regret my posting already .......shouldn't have done that, won't happen again.

I can't answer for anyone else , but even though i wasn't sure what was happening i still enjoyed the story. We also now have a new random post thread where i can feel completely at home 🤣 thank you Endeavor 👍

1 hour ago, RichardHarris123 said:

I wouldn't wear someone else's boots dead or alive. 

🤔 if i was dead i dont suppose i would care who' boots i might be wearing 🙂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Endeavor said:

I regret my posting already .......shouldn't have done that, won't happen again.

Roland dont worry about it, it just prompted some silly humor. I say stupid stuff all the time, and tbh i can't see a problem with your post, certainly nothing to regret at all.  

3 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Roland dont worry about it, it just prompted some silly humor.

maybe that's the problem he wasn't expecting the discussion they go in the direction it went in.

3 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

I say stupid stuff all the time, and tbh i can't see a problem with your post, certainly nothing to regret at all.  

I don't think it's his post that was the problem I think it was the stupid stuff that other people said was the problem.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

maybe that's the problem he wasn't expecting the discussion they go in the direction it went in.

I don't think it's his post that was the problem I think it was the stupid stuff that other people said was the problem.

It was John you are right but for some reason it sounds like Roland thinks he made a mistake telling that story. I for one apologise if i said something out of turn.

7 hours ago, Endeavor said:

Content removed. Some members don't seem to have a grip on themselves.

Ok boys you know who you are, naughty corner please and dont come out until you've learnt how to behave like adults. 😉

Edited by Neverenoughwatches