New to watch repair hoping to service this Grand Prize runner.

Moe

18 hours ago, Moe said:

Admiral Wrench to decase

Always nice to have pictures of the item you're talking about just So that we are all on the same page here. Then nice watch is this going to be the first watch you service And is this the one you'd like to remove the back?

Then welcome to the group you've come to the right place

1 minute ago, LittleWatchShop said:

Please begin your journey on a different less expensive watch.

You forgot the mention the availability of parts will be a bit challenging for this one. But it depends upon how a person learns some people need painful lessons I wasn't going to bring that up I thought I would be encouraging and helpful and ignore the fact that this is an extremely expensive watch not the best for learning on unless somebody likes painful lessons.

• Like 1

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement. 

I wouldn't advise anyone to start on a Longines watch. You need considerable experience first. 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 12:10 AM, Moe said:

Hi Moe, you've come to the right place for help with your project, so please, listen to the advice you have been given, and practice on some less valuable pieces first. It's not that the Longines is tricky to work on, but as a beginner you will deface, damage and break things. Even the most talented do, in the beginning.

Good watch repair is mostly about knowledge of the correct techniques and tools, plus a lot of hands-on practice. Even with the considerable support you will get from the membership here, you are almost certain to make some very expensive mistakes if you start work on your Longines now.

Check out the threads on beginners tools and what movements are the best to practice on. A lovely-looking watch, by the way!

• Like 1