New This Morning Seiko 5

This was being sold on another forum for £35 inc. recorded delivery, so I thought I'd take a punt - seeing how Seiko 5 watches have such a good reputation as solid workhorses. It arrived this morning and it seems to be in good nick and all working correctly. Nice dial and comfy on the wrist. The model is actually a Seiko 5 Snk615K1.

Seiko%205%20face%202.JPG

Seiko%205%20movement.JPG

Edited by WillFly
  • Like 1

It looks like a nice clean unabused example and at £35  has got to be good value and a nice find.  It looks like a 21 jewel Movt. which must be bomb proof, with a display back,  a nice extra touch,  all in all a keeper I would say.

I got my new seiko 5 about a month ago. I really like it even though is small compared to what I normally wear. I did however find the bracelet to be too light and rattely so I replaced it with a nice leather strap and put it on a deployment so I don't have to fuss with a buckle and tang. Here's how it's looks now. I went from being a bit sporty to much more of a dress up piece.post-56-0-13183800-1395350220_thumb.jpgpost-56-0-48476500-1395350239_thumb.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Thanks🙂 so much I just got your reply so I will let you know. 
    • Hi there Mr jdrichard, glad you have these holders. You can also apply pressure on stubborn screws and the Myers won't let the movement flip of the holder and the whole show end on your bench. Also keep well lubricated both holders. 
    • SG$ 5.37 32%OFF | Medical Adjustable Clavicle Posture Corrector Men Woemen Upper Back Brace Shoulder Lumbar Support Belt Corset Posture Correction https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLWEXwV I found this contraption useful. It prevents hunching.
    • Hi All, Just am update.  I have received the donor movement and took the couple of parts I needed before I started my attempt on the dial side.    I believe I am missing 3 parts.  See photos.  If anyone has them as spares, please let me know.  I am not sure the ‘Dial Rest’ part is needed for mine as it was not on the dial.  It’s big enough for not to be missed etc but I may take it if available.    Regards, Yasser.
    • if the case back is not original you're definitely going to have a problem. Usually when ordering components for cases for Seiko watches everything is based on the case back number. It could be a different case back as long as it's the right case back for that case then you could use the number. But if it's totally wrong case back here in trouble sort of? If you look at the dial usually on the bottom there is a dial number it's not exactly the same as the case number. But it helps to narrow down the range of what you're looking for. They is probably I was Seiko is that they've made so many case components. They haven't old it's been discontinued desk of even a bigger problem.  I know their sites out there were people are modifying their Seiko watches if you can find one of those sites may be they of something generic.