How old is this pocket watch?

Hi  Threr is a logo and a number on the plates, you can check th logo via Mikrolisk to find the maker and pocketwatchdatabase.com with the serial number. If you are lucky it will give you all you require if not we shall have to have a look round. can you post a clear picture of both the logo and the number thanks        cheers

Yes please, a better photo of the embossed logo. Or at least a reading of the letters. I couldn't read the beginning but it looks as if the last letters are: M A L. I didn't see anything in BestFit® with a large X in the center.

I'd say most likely 1870s to almost 1890s.  I have a Swiss key-wind/set dating to 1867.  I have lever-sets as early as 1887.  Most pin-set watches evolved after key-sets, but levers came after the pin-sets and gained popularity.  Considering a degree of overlap, that's how I arrived at my rough guess.

• Like 1

image.png.314665b3d4d917e3b42aed497d832a0d.png

Source - https://www.mikrolisk.de/show.php?site=280&suchwort=Decimal&searchWhere=all#sucheMarker

Search term (my best guess) Decimal.

As to "How much is it worth?" - the answer as always, whatever anybody will pay for it.

Its not in great condition, the hands don't match for starters, but with a little work, it could look quite nice.

Look on ebay for similar items and you will get a rough indication of what people *might* pay.

Edited by AndyHull

8 minutes ago, AndyHull said:

Look on ebay for similar items and you will get a rough indication of what people *might* pay.

Further to that, mark "completed listings" box in advanced search, and you will know how much people had actually paid.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.