Howdy, folks!

Hey everyone!

My name's John and I am brand, brand new to this world. Haha.

I've been a watch collector and enthusiast for a number of years, and finally got the itch to start getting more familiar with how they work!

I'm sure I'll be able to speak to so many of you once I start posting all my noobie questions. Haha. 

Talk to you all soon!
John

• 5 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• How about using a magnetised screwdriver for picking-up and fitting screw, then run the assembly through a demagnetiser.  I know magnetism is a no no, but this method is less fiddly, and has worked for me on several occasions.
    • Find a plastic tube, cut longer than the K&D, put your tools etc in it and hold both ends.  The plastic shouldn't have any effect. 
    • Hi, I’m thinking about upgrading my demagnetizer and wanted to check to see if anyone has experience (good or bad) with the Chinese knockoff of the Elma demagnatizer. At present I use the cheap blue job on watch movements and while a tad clunky it seems to work OK for movements. However it doesn’t really handle tools and other larger pieces (like my anvils which are very magnetized) particularly well. i also have a US made K&D demag unit but have put it aside permanently re: it is so strong I can’t hold the tools, anvil whatever stable enough while passing the piece through the donut hole and ultimately the piece ends up more magnetized then when I started. Feedback would be most welcome since I can’t justify the $299 for a Elma unit but can spring $49 for a Chinese knock off.   thanks jay   
    • Hi there, welcome  
    • Due to inflation our 404 club price cap seems a little unworkable, so here are some options to re-boot ihe idea - first three are what common currency to choose (pic 1  out of 3) the rest 4-10 are the price cap  (pick 1 out of the 7 options)