Is Welby 400 day clock made by Kundo?

11 minutes ago, HectorLooi said:

You are not a cowboy unless you have Stetson, rattlesnake skin boots and a Colt Peacemaker.

My boots are ostrich, my hat is not a Stetson but it is ornamented with a Buffalo Nickel hat band, and when I want accuracy, I carry my vintage Winchester Model 94 30-30!

Back to clocks...the modifications to the suspension spring worked. It is now running slow with the pendulum fully extended. I will set it at mid position and test today

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleWatchShop said:

A short update: I have been able to test the extremes of the pendulum and proven that I can make it too fast or too slow, so I will be able to regulate it. 

"Don't try to understand 'em, just rope and throw and brand 'em"

Whomever gets this reference wins extra points!

Are talking about cattle or the other species that is impossible to understand? 

It dawned on me this morning that I can speed up my calibration by figuring out how many periods of the pendulum cause one full rotation of the minute hand!  This was a blinding glimpse of the obvious for me, old hat for you old hands at this.

Escape wheel has 20 teeth.  The pinion on the escape wheel has 8 teeth and the minute wheel has 96 teeth, so it takes 12 rotations of the escape wheel in one hour.  The pendulum must oscillate 10 cycles for one rotation of the escape wheel thus 120 periods of the pendulum to turn the minute hand one hour.  So that means that in one minute the pendulum rotates two full periods.

I just count the periods while timing with a stop watch...that will get me close!

I remember donkeys years one I was working on the s/p according to the book was wrong I made a note of it in the book. It is more then likely the same thing has happened to you. Nice to know you have sorted it and the clock is working well. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

I remember donkeys years one I was working on the s/p according to the book was wrong I made a note of it in the book. It is more then likely the same thing has happened to you. Nice to know you have sorted it and the clock is working well. 

Donkeys years ago not heard that phrase for a long time 😂