Another Incoming, Vintage Chronograph!

Well. I have been on a bit of a spree of late but this is the last for a while. Heck, I need time to enjoy the new purchases.

I have wanted a simple vintage chrono for a long time. I just found one for sale here in Canada which had been reduced by $100 by the seller and because I keep my PayPal balance in US funds I got almost another $50 off again due to the exchange rate.

I have never heard of the make before so any help would be appreciated. It is a rather unusual name.

" Fellow Watch Co. Geneve"

It is a two register vertical 30 minute chronograph. I have asked the seller the make of the movement as he had it serviced before putting it up for sale. All works perfectly.

I know its crazy but sometimes when something pulls at our heart strings we have to do it, this was the case for me!

Here are a couple of pictures from the seller. Any info would be much appreciated!

_57-4_zpsefea1290.jpg

fel001a_zpsff9da9a1.jpg

That's a good looker. I'm also a fan of these 50s and 60s simple dials. I have to say that the pushers and winder look rather large for the case. Might be worth trying to find some pics of the same make on the web - just as a reference. It may well be that that was the design! For comparison, here's the Swiss Emperor chrono from the same period which Mark recently serviced for me:

Swiss%20Emperor.JPG

Edited by WillFly
  • Like 1

Thanks Guys, WillFly, that Swiss Emperor is a beauty.

I think the pushers and crown are original to the piece. It was serviced a few weeks ago and in an email conversation with the dealer his watch maker seems to think it is all correct to the date looking at the wear and patina of the crown and pushers. I am wondering with the extra size pushers and crown if this may have had a military application? I cannot find anything about the make. The seller said he will ask the watchmaker what the movement is as he did not ask him at the time.

Your Emperor seems to be the norm for the type of crown and pushers of the period though i have found these images on the web with similar styles to mine. Remember as well mine is a 34mm case and I think most others around that time were 36-38mm so the diminutive case size might make them appear bigger.

220-var-scene-2-full_zps1e1666d6.jpg

gas031_zpsc927064c.jpg

HUDbk032_zpsa1de6f16.jpg

So this gorgeous chronograph arrived and I am so happy with it!

I popped the back off to take a photo and hopefully the more knowledgable here can help me determine which make and type of movement it is?

Its an up/down bi-compax 30 minute chronograph.

Any help would be much appreciated. It works beautifully (having just been freshly serviced).

L1020421_zps050f6071.jpg

Thanks Gentlemen.

Just checked its timekeeping this morning and it's +4 seconds on yesterday, remarkable for a watch around 64 years old I think!

Here is a shot of it on my wrist, just love the proportions. I am thinking of a nice brown cordovan strap for it but the one it came on, a new Hirsch Traveller is none to shabby either!

L1020408_zpsf7d226da.jpg

Thanks Mark. Been on a bit of a roll of late. You should see the Omega Geneve F300hz I won this past weekend from a retired watch repairer in the UK, its a mint example and fully serviced, should be here next week and I will post pictures!