New member, with Timex requirement

PVFC1961

Hi

Adrian here from Stoke-on-Trent in the UK, also known as the Potteries area.

Have a sentimental watch that was owned by my late father that I am looking for advice on.  I have looked on the face and found part no: 2127 2568 and photo is as below.  There is missing the stem and crown and wondered if parts were still available.  How difficult repair would this be as the most I have ever done previously is replace batteries in Quartz watches, and the odd link removal.

If not repairable is it possible to replace the movement and keep original fascia and hands to keep the look the same?

IMAG0525.jpg

Hi   The timex you have  is from 1968 and is a modle 25.  Spare parts for timex watches are not all that easy to obtain.  

The decode  2127-2568  the last 4 digits   denote 25 modle No  68 year of manufacture. Armed with that data the best oprion would be Ebay and look for a donor watch for parts.

Hi Adrian.

I'm new here myself and found your post as a new member. The info given so far is accurate you have a 1968 Timex with a module 25 movement. Coming from the US and living through some of the Timex heyday I love these old Timex watches, however they are tricky to work on. They are unique in the sense that they are engineering marvels of minimalism and cost cutting efficiency. Compared to other mechanical watches they have much fewer parts ironically making them harder to service and repair. It's weird because it sounds like double talk but until you experience it for yourself you probably won't understand. I'm adding a link here of a repair video from YouTube that shows a Timex from your Era model taken apart and serviced. Hope this helps a bit.

• 4 weeks later...