new to repair. orient ray face moves

b3429

I am new to watch repair beyond changing band pins.  I have an Orient Men's EM65009D blue ray 6+ years old.  It has been a great watch until today.  I looked at my watch this morning & the dial was upside down.  I tap the side of the case & I can move the dial slightly.   Other than that the watch works fine.  Needless to say, this is annoying.  Any ideas how to fix this before I attempt taking it apart?  Does it snap in place, held by a screw or just pressure?

Any help would be appreciated.   thanks

I would advice that you stop using the watch immediately. If the dial feet have sheared off there's a chance they may damage sensitive parts in the watch, especially the hairspring. You need to locate and remove the sheared off dial feet first. Then you can deal with the problem of reattaching the dial. 

• Thanks 1

It is quite conceivable that both feet have sheared had several seiko's  and others (probably had a knock at some time) with the same problem to which I have had to resolder new feet on. Hopefully the feet will still be retained in the plate with the dial screws as with most mechanical watches but with Quartz watches thhe frame is quite often of plastic construction and the dial feet just press into pre moulded holes. But again they should be still held. The movement will have to be uncased , dial and hands remove to asses the problem and retrieve the broken foot from their mounts.

32 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

unsusal for both dial feet to break

Not unusual at all, when one breaks then the other bears all the stress and will eventually break too. As watchweasol explained (he knows a thing or four about dial feel repair), there is no particular concern about roaming feet on Japanese watches.