Hi

Craig2022

Just a quick intro, my name is Craig and I've been working on watches for a couple years now, have rebuilt a couple Bulova automatics, but mostly have done battery replacements, reattached loose hands, and resized bands for friends and family. Disassembled a couple of watches, cleaned them up, and then gave them away, that sort of thing I guess. Getting older and with cold winters here in MN this intermittent hobby has become more occasional now, especially since the pandemic began, sort of needed something to keep my mind off things and keep my sanity. I decided to join this group as every so often I run into something I can't quite figure out and would like to find some direction before just ripping into a watch and destroying it. I have one right now that I could use some help on, it is a Stuhrling Targa 24 176B2 that a friend gave me. It needs a new battery which is no problem, but the small hand on one of the chronograph dials is loose in the case. I have taken off the back and removed the stem, and even pried gently around the edge of what appears to be the dial edge but it does not seem to move. This is a nice watch yet, almost like new, and I don't want to mark it up as I would like to fix and wear it myself. Any help on how you get the dial out of this watch to reattach the hands would be appreciated, I just want to be sure about how this watch comes apart before applying more force to it. Thanks. 

Here are the photos. Looking at the back I tried a small screwdriver and a pick to lift the dial and it would not budge, wondering if this dial comes out from the top of the watch after you remove the bezel and crystal? No idea here, do not want to butcher it, even if it is a cheap watch it still looks good. 

Stuhr2.jpg

Stuhr1.jpg

1 hour ago, Craig2022 said:

wondering if this dial comes out from the top of the watch after you remove the bezel and crystal?

Welcome here. That is called a front loader and is the most common question asked by beginners. Enter "front loader" in the search box top right to be presented with all the relevant answers. Note you will need a decent crystal or caseback press and dies to to refit the bezel.