Remove Compressor back

Birdie

Hope someone can advise me please. I have recently acquired a watch with a compressor back. The back turns quite easily with a ball but I can’t remove it. I have tried numerous different ways of easing it off but no joy. Has anyone had any experience of removing please. There must be a technique that I’m not aware off. Any help greatly appreciated.987AE875-BDE0-4577-9291-8C2EEE8ACC7F.jpeg.df4d996a7d4867abd8d2fafa549ed193.jpeg

The Compressor and Super Compressor cases were made by EPSA. Super Compressors use either a screw on case back or a bayonet (I think for Enicar), but Compressors are a snap back. That being said they can be fiendishly tight and quite challenging for a standard case knife but it can be done. They should have 2 O ring seals as far as I can remember, if your case back turns quite easily then that would suggest that they may be missing.

Thank you all for the responses. It turns freely with a ball and there is plenty of room to get a knife in but it will not budge. I thought it may be a bayonet as well and have tried it at every position with a suction tool but again no joy. It’s very loose but just will not part. I’m stumped.

• 1 year later...

You might want to have a look at this article to make sure that you correctly identify what you have got.

The original EPSA Compressor and Compressor II cases were snap on backs, while the Super Compressor was mostly screw on, with a few bayonet fit backs.

The lack of any notches in the back strongly suggests that you have a Compressor or Compressor II which is a snap back. The fact that it rotates suggests that the rubber gaskets are actually missing or have been replaced with gaskets that are too small.

• Like 1