The new watch accessory from Bergeon none of us can live without!

Wouldn't it be easier to just buy a quartz watch? I know there are manual winders. I even have one, but I have very rarely used it. If this had been published April 1st, I would have been 100 % convinced it was an April Fool.

Can a product like this really be profitable? Who would buy it? Perhaps it is useful for some poor sod somewhere who's job it is to set watches all day long, or perhaps it is for the ultimate watch aficionado who doesn't know what to buy next for his precious collection.

I never cease to be amazed!

Edited by VWatchie

I just had to set the date on a watch without a quickset.

Wind, wind, wind by hand until my thumb got sore.

So I dug out the manual winder that looks like a pin vise, and that helped.

I would have been delighted to have a battery powered version, but I doubt that I'm going to spring for a Bergeon priced tool like this,  but I might see if I can modify a battery powered screwdriver to do the same job. Depends on how often I end up doing this and how painful it gets. 🙂

I'm am sure that there are vintage watch collectors that run in to this, and have enough money that whatever Bergeon charges is not an issue.

Not me, though.

• Like 1

Well, I still have all my fingers, so I think I'll use them until they don't work anymore.
That said, I think if I had a shop and sold a lot of mechanical watches, I would want the ones on display to show the right time.  Keeping them all wound could be a chore, and *might* almost make this tool worth its price.  Outside of that, some people with plenty of cash may buy it just to have one.  I prefer a more personal touch - one that can sense the increasing tension in a spring.

• Like 1