Hello - New Member

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Certainly looks like a ring that needs unscrewing in that photo. It definitely looks like a thread above the castellated ring as well. Separate to the caseback ring thread. It even looks to be a smaller diameter. I would expect that. Once undone out of its thread, it should fall out of the case. Would it be possible to make a tool shaped like a letter H with one side of the H engaging the castellations in the ring and the other side of the H for you to be able to unscrew it using your hand? Making a tool with 6 'legs' to pick up all of the castellations would be a labour of love.
    • Can anyone advise how to remove the crystal from a Vertex DD case ?  I think I need to unscrew an internal retainer ?  It definitely isn't just pushing out.
    • Alright, the job is done. I first filed down the stubs flat. I then used a Proxxon hand drill first with a 0.5mm bit to score a point to work from, then a 1mm drill bit to properly drill out some lug holes. I just went slowly, checking the depth as I went. I drilled the inside of the lugs, leaving the outsides unblemished. I was worried that drilling at an angle might be a problem, but it turned out fine. Lug holes don't need to be very accurate, so it was actually easy to create holes to easily accommodate a spring bar. The result is a 'good enough' outcome that worked for me. Thanks for your help everyone, loving the hobby so far. I learn so much with each project.
    • Welcome to the forum. Yep not a cheap hobby by any means , Ali Express, the Chinese Amazon has some decent tools but should ask the members their thoughts before purchase.  A little reading to help you along. TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf
    • Welcome to the forum, enjoy.