ebay Australia anniversary clock

Michael1962

I have been trawling through Gumtree and ebay over here and came across this.

If you zoom in on the photos a bit, I do not see how they could realistically be asking that much for it. Possibly the worst repair that I could imagine on the rear of the movement as well. You can see the emblem of the maker on the rear of the movement, but I don't know enough of those to know what it is.

$2,800. Really? If they were to give me $280, I would take it from them. (maybe)

• Like 1

Hi Michael  Its a Jahresuhrenfabrik (German)  circa 1911.I get your point on the repair, some one managed to loosen the eccentric and then punch rivited it up total crap.   In the state its in looking at the back plate the pivots are all black and dirty which indicates possible wear notwithstanding the repair job   at $2,800 dollars  dream on might pay £100 because of its age but not mutch more.

Gott in Himmel!  Ungeschickter Schweinehund!  This poor German clock has suffered.  At this point, even I would be reluctant to pay money to rescue it.  The repair needed to get it back to its original state could not possibly be cheap.  

Edited by KarlvonKoln
  • Like 1

Hi Michael you Aussie.. I am from Nanango in Qld Anniversary clocks. If going and cleaned 200 dollars. Max. I have done a few of these and still have 4 more to do in the shed. Nothing special about that one at all.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

The screws are a bit chewed so it has been touched by someone that didn't really know what they were doing and the photos don't show the wheels so you can't tell if they are damaged or not, but $99 for an anniversary clock is not bad in Australia.

The risk is what they aren't showing in the photos and I can't find that back plate in the 400 day clock repair guide which will make it hard to get the suspension spring the correct length

Hi Micheal  from the portion of the back plate shown  its probably a   Haller Standard 70 or 73 and if I an correct it used a .076mm suspension and according to the book  its units 42/42A    shiown in the book page 152 plate 1520AAA.    Before working on these clocks you really need the Horolovar 400 day guide 10 Edition and if possible the saddle adjusting tool.

First one.

Someone has been playing around with the escapement, which makes me think the escape wheel teeth are worn, the pallet faces are worn or both. What an utter mess. Don't go near it.   

Second one. 

The suspension cover is missing, that's why those two screws are showing and doing nothing. S Haller Simonswaldmade these clock movements and are at the lower end of what i class as good movements from around the 70's by the look of the key. Poor quality hands and dial. It's more of a decoration clock then anything. 

Thanks everyone. 🙂 

I did notice the orange plastic tube which guards the suspension wire in some photos, but then not in others, and it is not then shown lying beside the clock.

I shall continue looking.

Edited by Michael1962