Vostok Komandirskie Stops at a Specific Second

I have a new-model Vostok Komandirskie that has been a great daily-wearer for about a year. The other day, though, I noticed that it had stopped. I had just wound it at the time, so this was quite unexpected. I gave it a light wap with my palm and it started up, but it has stopped a couple of times since after running for various amounts of time.

I notice that it always stops with the second hand in one position on the dial, which made me think that it could be something with the hands themselves, as I am unaware of anything in the movement that would lead to such a result. When I inspect the hands, however, they appear to be aligned and I can see no reason they would bind up. Also, the watch stops with the second hand in the same place even where the hour and minute hands are in completely different places. Any thoughts on what would cause this result and how to go about fixing it?

Sounds like you got some lint or dust particle in your gear train.

Komandirskie would be a great watch to start learning watch repair with. It's built like a tank and would be an ideal watch for a novice.

Watch Mark's videos on how to service a mechanical watch. He even has one on the Komandirskie.

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate y'all confirming that the problem likely lies somewhere in the gear train. @HectorLooi, can you tell me where I can find Mark's videos? I'm afraid I don't know who that is, but I'd love to dig into some resources and take a crack at this. And you're right, @JohnC, the Vostok is a great watch to get started with, since I don't have to be afraid of breaking the bank if I mess it up by getting in over my head!

" ‌A new-model"   So has the back ever been removed?  thats when dirts can fall inside the watch. Otherwise hand rubbing on crystal or the other hand is very likely. 

A test for diagnosis would be to remove the seconds hand and wear it for couple of week. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smithincalifornia said:

. @Nucejoe, . I tried removing the second hand, but the watch just stopped again a couple hours later. 

This eliminates the No one suspect " seconds hand"      that is;  "no rubbing of seconds hand on other parts" 

Dose your watch have a date complication?  in which case the issue manifests every 24hrs when the date disk is suppose to jump.