Orient Divers

This just came in client said watch keeps stoping. This is what I found. date window frame on dial is loose hitting hands and loose movement hold down screw jammed against barrel. My question is I can't seem to find the stem release pin. I'm so used to working on swiss watches ? Help

orient 1.jpg

orient 4.jpg

orient 3.jpg

orient 2.jpg

I'm attaching an image Snipped from yours. There are two places the first light blue circle that's where the  release pin would typically be. Which I'm assuming is not what it is but that's where it would be if it existed.

Then the light pink area nothing is there exactly what the image shows? Except sometimes on Seiko watches and this resembles a Seiko watch the release only becomes visible when the Watch is pulled in to setting. 

Orient stem release possibilities.JPG

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

Except sometimes on Seiko watches and this resembles a Seiko watch the release only becomes visible when the Watch is pulled in to setting.

Some Seiko but which ones? On the current 7S / 4R / 6R and I assume many others the release point comes out with the stem fully pressed in. 

Once I removed the movement case ring it became obvious when I pulled out the stem to its furthest position. The hidden lever appeared almost like a puzzle box. The big lever btw is for the quickset day even though there is no pusher for it on the case. This set up is contrary to all my experiences with Swiss watches where you push the lever before pulling the stem. JohnR725 was right.

orient 5.jpg

Edited by thewatchdoctor
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, thewatchdoctor said:

Next question watch is running and second hand moves but hours and minutes don't. Hours and minutes turn when setting the time ?

This is a classic problem with canon Pinions. If the canon pinion has too much slippage then the hands do not move but they will move when you set the watch. Then because the secondhand is independent of the setting parts that's why it will continue to turn. When you're trying to set the watch does it feel super loose?

Then can we have a picture of the case back I want to look at the numbers found on it?

Cannon wheel was loose. The center wheel end is flush with the jewel looks like it the end has sheared off in the cannon pinion. Must of been a hell off a drop. Would explain the loose screw and the date window frame. I know the owner does enduro / motocross which might explain it. Now to search through my broken seikos to see is anything fits I know Ive some seiko 5 seven series.