Timex M25 crystal - part number?

Rory

I’ve been polishing out what was a skating rink crystal on an M25, but it has a crack/blemish on it which really deserves replacing.

I’ve got some possibles on eBay, but to help narrow the search, I wondered if anyone had a part number for the domed crystal on a 26753 02574 ?

Beyond the service manual, I can’t find any online parts reference for M25 watches.  If it’s out there would also appreciate a point in the right direction.

Thanks - Rory

E9F4A2C3-4C98-48F2-825D-3AAAC93E758F.jpeg

79C3C1E4-1F15-42AB-989E-F38706CE5F12.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Rory said:

I’ve been polishing out what was a skating rink crystal on an M25, but it has a crack/blemish on it which really deserves replacing.

I’ve got some possibles on eBay, but to help narrow the search, I wondered if anyone had a part number for the domed crystal on a 26753 02574 ?

Beyond the service manual, I can’t find any online parts reference for M25 watches.  If it’s out there would also appreciate a point in the right direction.

Thanks - Rory

E9F4A2C3-4C98-48F2-825D-3AAAC93E758F.jpeg

79C3C1E4-1F15-42AB-989E-F38706CE5F12.jpeg

In this case you really do not need to waste your time searching for the part number.

Simply remove the existing crystal, measure its outside diameter, measure bezel groove diameter just to make sure numbers make sense, and order from here:

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/domed-high-with-step-sternkreuz-hws

This is the key requirement: Domed High with Step

1 hour ago, Poljot said:

In this case you really do not need to waste your time searching for the part number.

Simply remove the existing crystal, measure its outside diameter, measure bezel groove diameter just to make sure numbers make sense, and order from here:

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/domed-high-with-step-sternkreuz-hws

This is the key requirement: Domed High with Step

Thanks - I’d been looking at that page.

Case aperture diameter 30.6

Crystal diameter (vertical part of profile) : 30.3

Crystal diameter (flare/step?) : 31.1

Assuming the correct reference size for this crystal is 30.3mm?   In which case, better to keep shopping, or would you expect a 30.4mm to be a workable option (evens only from this page at Cousins)?

Thanks - Rory 

D6859CCB-4538-46FE-BA56-DF84FA4EB8C7.jpeg

53ECAF68-F31C-49A8-A998-CA16FDF7A72D.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rory said:

Assuming the correct reference size for this crystal is 30.3mm?   In which case, better to keep shopping, or would you expect a 30.4mm to be a workable option (evens only from this page at Cousins)?

Thanks - Rory 

31.1 is your choice!

9 minutes ago, Poljot said:

31.1 is your choice!

Ok, that clarifies which dimension, thanks.

For acrylic, given it’s an odd decimal size, is it best to walk away from ‘evens only’ options and shop for an exact fit? Or is there a rule of thumb to go up or down 0.1mm and still expect a workable result?

Thanks - Rory

22 minutes ago, Rory said:

Thanks - Rory 

30.3 is "good to know", but irrelevant. 31.1 is slightly larger than 30.6 - this is what you need. Good to go! ?

3 minutes ago, Rory said:

Ok, that clarifies which dimension, thanks.

For acrylic, given it’s an odd decimal size, is it best to walk away from ‘evens only’ options and shop for an exact fit? Or is there a rule of thumb to go up or down 0.1mm and still expect a workable result?

Thanks - Rory

Go with what you measured: 31.1 seems to be a perfect fit for 30.3-ish bezel opening. When you have doubts - get slightly larger one as you can easily file the edges. But you nailed your measurements!

1 hour ago, Rory said:

Thanks - Rory 

Great photos, btw.

The Timex dial code is the key value - 26753 02574 .  You must either have the small booklets provided to service centers or the full parts distributor book. The small booklet will map to a envelope number in those blue plastic bins commonly found for sale eBay. Whereas the distributor book will map to the Timex part number used at the factory. The two ( envelope number, part number) can not be cross referenced. Also, the distributor books are not cumulative year to year.  So you must have  a series of books that cover a range of years.  That is unless you have a inventory such as myself. I already know I do not have the crystal anymore as it was used on many other cases besides the one shown.

135581015_413963503254867_1697646212404888870_n.jpg

1 hour ago, JerseyMo said:

The Timex dial code is the key value - 26753 02574 .  You must either have the small booklets provided to service centers or the full parts distributor book. The small booklet will map to a envelope number in those blue plastic bins commonly found for sale eBay. Whereas the distributor book will map to the Timex part number used at the factory. The two ( envelope number, part number) can not be cross referenced. Also, the distributor books are not cumulative year to year.  So you must have  a series of books that cover a range of years.  That is unless you have a inventory such as myself. I already know I do not have the crystal anymore as it was used on many other cases besides the one shown.

I doff my cap to you sir - many thanks.  I shall be purchasing generic crystals either side of the exact size (can’t find right now) and seeing how they squeeze/rattle in.

• 2 years later...
On 1/4/2021 at 8:31 AM, JerseyMo said:

That is quite a stash! Might you perhaps have a crystal for a 98950-07378? I believe it is envelope 42?