New member - growing into watchmaking

TempusTortus

Hello all,

What a great site!. I really like your spirit of sharing knowledge and providing support in a positive way. As way of introduction, here's a bit about myself: I've been involved for decades with using and analyzing many things microscopic. I frequently work at the the 10's of micrometers scale, so the skills of working under magnification, and manipulating minuscule items with precision tools has become second nature. My interest in watch repair grew out of my desire to maintain old precision instruments. As a casual collector of old clocks, compasses, dial gauges, a few watches, and sundry other high-precision gear, I'll occasionally acquire a piece that needs a little TLC. Being a DIY'er, my method has been to do the research and carefully dive in. Self-teaching this way can be difficult. This site has helped to lower the learning curve and make the experience more pleasant. At the moment, this is a hobby - but will it become more? I suppose time will tell.

Cheers~!

• Like 1