Hi, I'm after as much info about omega 1332 quartz movement as possible. Swatch couldn't find the fault, wanted to send it to omega, estimated cost £500-£600 so out of my league. Have purchased a nos circuit board, not arrived yet, but only one available, not the fault can sell it on again.

Everything moves smoothly when turning your hands.

Have had this watch from new, regularly serviced, then gave up the ghost.

To get an answer to your question it always helps to post it in the correct location. This is the location where you're supposed to introduce yourself.

The reason you post in the proper category is some people typically only look at certain categories like watch repair usually for new messages they appear on the right-hand side somebody will see that and possibly find it interesting and go there. This is why a lot of watch repair questions are other questions go unanswered they're in the wrong section.

3 hours ago, Sandy said:

Swatch couldn't find the fault

Did you send it or take it to a authorized Swatch service center? The definition of they could not find a fault in other words it's running just fine and they're looking for imaginary problems and they couldn't find any? Or the watch is not running and they don't have a clue?

3 hours ago, Sandy said:

then gave up the ghost.

Giving up the ghost doesn't sound like a good term?

Maybe it would help to explain from the beginning? In other words why did you send it to Swatch what did they not do or do which I'm assuming is nothing. They giving up the ghost suggested finally died.

Omega_Omega 1332.pdf

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• I've always been impressed by Mark, when he disassembles the movement and lines all the screws up together by size for his decorative parts photos, mixing up their respective "layers" in the process. With attention to detail and experience I think it's possible to recognize each one, and they only go back together one way. I'm not there yet, keep 'em seperated with their respective parts.
    • Tip: don't loose parts. Good practiced technique helps but it's a known hazard. Arrange your workspace so that springs and screws that do go missing are easy to locate. Put a back face on your desk, and ridges on the other edges. Keep your floor space clean and uncluttered. You can use magnet to comb the floor (some people make magnet brooms for this) and you should be able to find your parts. Trust that they are there, it just takes patience. I work over a carpet (! 😬) and with my magnet-on-a-stick I still manage to find 95% of missing parts. There's tricks to springs and screws: using pegwood to de-tension or hold the spring; using rodico to hold parts as you remove them; holding a thin clear plastic bag over the movement while you remove the part to catch it if it does try to leave.   There's lots of parts that are hard or impossible to replace. Fortunately, those "shepards hook" springs are not particularly special, you can buy them in bulk for a few dollars from your parts supplier and use the one in the pack that fits best.
    • I removed the hairspring and put it back together to ensure a gap between hairspring the balance arms. This still doesn't work and I believe there is too much end shake. There is a remarkable vertical movement when lifting the balance wheel while installed. 
    • It looks like the pinion gear on the escape wheel is absolutely worn out to me 😵     John 🙂
    • I have learned 3 things with the disassembly of my first watch. 1. Watch face retaining screws are impossibly small. On the BFG you have to remove one of them completely to get the face off.  Then, when you tweeze them back into place with a crappy tweezer, the screw torques out and is gone forever.  Use better tweezers and don’t squeeze so hard.  2. When you practice reassembling parts to help memorize it for final assembly, don’t use the work surface to flip over and re-orient springs with your tweezers. As soon as you let go, the spring finds a new home in witness protection somewhere in your workroom, also, never to be seen again.  Perhaps it is neighbors with the dial screw? 3.  This stuff is fun.  I can't seem to find a source for this spring, and I am not dropping 100+ USD for a parts movement. Therefore, I may have to make it.  Anyone have experience with making springs?   Where do I source the spring steel?  I saw someone use piano sting wire to create one.   Any help or advice here would be appreciated.     I have circled the part in the pic below.   -Devon