sieko sportsmatic, automatic wristwatch

Question

8 answers to this question

Depending upon where you are The British Horological Institute will have a list of accredited repairers or The American watch and collectors institute  AWCCI will be able to furnish you with a list in the states.  hope that helps.

30 minutes ago, wi33ard said:

is there somewhere other than seiko where i can get this item serviced/repaired? thank you

Of course there are independent watch repairers, however be aware that if for example the value of your Vintage Seiko is 100 (USD EUR, GBP,?you didn't event mentioned where are you located), a typical repair / service bill can easily be 200. 

• Like 1

Lots of places. If you tell us more about yourself (clue: introduce yourself) and describe your watch, someone Here will be able to help. If you are really a Wizzard, I also wish it could be Christmas every day.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Klassiker said:

Lots of places. If you tell us more about yourself (clue: introduce yourself) and describe your watch, someone Here will be able to help. If you are really a Wizzard, I also wish it could be Christmas every day.

If he was a real Wizzard his watch would be working.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, jdm said:

Of course there are independent watch repairers, however be aware that if for example the value of your Vintage Seiko is 100 (USD EUR, GBP,?you didn't event mentioned where are you located), a typical repair / service bill can easily be 200. 

i am in london. the watch has a serial stamped on the rear which reads 805958.what is strange about this watch is that where it might normally say water resistant, this is water proof

14 hours ago, jdm said:

10 hours ago, markr said:

If he was a real Wizzard his watch would be working.

i was a real wi33ard, i would not need a watch

2 hours ago, wi33ard said:

what is strange about this watch is that where it might normally say water resistant, this is water proof

Seiko marked their warchtes water proof until about the end of 1970, and started marking them water resistant since 1969. So yours should probably be a 1970 watch, as its reference indicates (80 = August 1970/80/90...)

This is from 1969

EDIT: Philipk5 in the post below is correct, 80 means October 1968, not August 1970.

7005-8040-back-1969.jpg

Edited by aac58
42 minutes ago, wi33ard said:

i am in london. the watch has a serial stamped on the rear which reads 805958.what is strange about this watch is that where it might normally say water resistant, this is water proof

There should be some more numbers/letters on the caseback which should help identify the movement.

The use of the words "water proof" was replaced with "water resistant" some time ago (1969ish) by Seiko.

The serial number quoted indicates the watch was made in October of a year ending in 8 (ie 1968, 1978, 1988etc.

Hope this is useful and helps.

(I am pleased with myself for regarding who could do repairs not saying .......Roy Wood!) 

55 minutes ago, philipk5 said:

The serial number quoted indicates the watch was made in October of a year ending in 8 (ie 1968, 1978, 1988etc.

That's right, I mistakenly swapped the meaning of the numbers :Laugh: