Key Cutting Machine

I know this has absolutely nothing to do with watch repair but I just wondered if anyone had any ideas where I could advertise my key cutting machine for sale? I put it on eBay and about 2 days in it was removed by Ebay as they don't allow listing of what they call lock picking devices! which is absolutely absurd because anyone can purchase a key cutting machine from manufactures so don't understand what the fuss is about! any ideas on places to list it for sale here in the UK, I've also tried gum tree.

Thanks for any advice.

I've never heard of so much absolute **BLEEP**. What about all the other machinery they allow to be sold, lathes and milling machines, you can make firearms with these!

You'd have a hard job getting the machine in the keyhole to pick the lock!!!!

Edited by Geo

Tell me about it, it's infuriating! Ebay is becoming so hard to do business with, restrictions on everything! I'm even a restricted seller because I have 2 accounts apparently. The other is some other user name which is registered in Canada, they say that account is connected to mine, I tried to explain to Ebay, I'm not now or have ever been connected to any Ebay account in Canada, I've not been in Canada, nor planning on going... How many times do I have to say it, this so called account has nothing to do with me! As you can imagine my blood pressure was through the roof and they cut me off.

But yeh, apparently a key cutting machine is defined as a lock picking device therefore not allowed to be listed. Yet anyone, anywhere can go and buy one from the manufacturer, I bought mine with no questions asked!

mmm, would Moebius 8200 be good enough to help insert the machine in a lock? Maybe we should ask the ebay people if they have tried it successfully. In any case, maybe it is just a matter of describing the item. Hope you reach a successful conclusion of this sale.

Cheers,

Bob

I was waiting for this Paul. You would be as well trying to reason with your nearest lamp post, you would have better chance of getting a good reply.

A couple of years ago, I listed an Agassiz watch movement and used Longines in the listing. EBay told me to remove the word Longines as it had nothing to do with Agassiz and I was trying to make the movement out to be something that it wasn't. I asked them to read the description as it explained the connection, but they were having none of it. They then sent me a test relating to describing things that I had to complete correctly before I could list any more items. I had no option other than to comply.

Here is part of my original description :-

The Agassiz Family is a family of Swiss origin, hailing from the small village of Agiez near Lake Neuchatel. The family has included a number of high profile members, such as the scientists Louis and Alexander Agassiz, as well as the founder of the Longines watch firm, Auguste Agassiz.