Best Way To Pick Up Jewels

DrRock

Quick report back. My jewel picker uppers arrived, and the little red one worked perfectly. Picked up the jewel I needed out of the little triangular white tray, lifted it over to the spot I needed it for, and just touched it with the tips of the forceps and it plinked straight into the hole. Perfect. No more jewels flying through the air into the black hole of the space-time continuum! ;)

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Marc has a good idea. I use mild soap and water, rinse well and air dry.

The larger green end I find useful for placing those pesky parts in the keyless and calendar works. Place, hold down with tweezer tips or peg and remove picker.

Another use!

The picker upper is brilliant for removing these annoying particles that stick to dials, even after using a puffer. Black dials in particular are particularly bad for showing up every dust little particle.

• Like 2

I think I may have to leave this forum, it's going to cost me money to stay here.  ;)

I use a spot of rodico in the end of a sample syringe needle, but this picker upper tool is "much more elegant and real professional looking"

Another tool I need, a few more dollars, ho hum..............

• 1 month later...

I know this is a bit of an old thread bump, but I wanted to keep all the information in one thread.

There is a supplier on fleabay selling those Marvy Jewel Pickers, but these ones are double ended ... so you get two size pickers for the price of one.

post-246-0-98579900-1438173435.jpg

Free shipping to boot!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Marvy-Jewel-Picker-Tool-Double-Ended-FREE-SHIPPING-/371358065580?hash=item5676aa63ac