Movements Display Page

I've been doing some work on my watch website pages - and added a page of movement pictures with captions. Click on a pic to see it large size. Note that the captions give, in most cases, the movement name and calibre - not necessarily the make of the watch!

Most of the movements have calibres - some dont, and, if you recognise the make and calibre, do let me know so that I can give more accurate information.

Will

http://www.willswatchpages.com/movements.html

Thanks Denis - appreciated. Oddly enough, it also bears a slight resemblance to my Pierce 103, but the Lip provenance is more accurate.

For a cheap-as-chips watch, the movement is remarkably good - double-screwed crown wheel and Breguet overcoil!

Hi Bob,

looking at your George Stockwell, it looks a lot like the Rebberg movements used in early Rolexes. the finishing on the plates, the shape of the stud holder on the balance cock.

Do a search for 'rebberg watch' in Google images.. don't be focussed on the shape of the bridges, instead look at the placement of pivots, relative to the other stuff, ie ratchet wheel, stem.

unfortunately not too much info exists on Rebberg movements on the net..

Anil

• Like 1

Will,

That Ralco looks very much like an AS1187.

The Thomas Russell I'm not so sure about but it has the look of a Revue (GT) movement. The shape of the click and the balance cock, and the general layout is very reminiscent of the Revue pocket watch movements.