Bargain?

First of all a disclaimer, I have absolutely no connection with Ebay or any other business,  I just like to pass on info about items I have found that appear to be bargains.  Have a look under Alpha gents chronograph,  they look like the real deal to me and at £119 new must be the cheapest mechanical chronographs out there.

Interesting. I suppose the questions with these watches are about quality and longevity. It's difficult to tell from photographs what the real quality of these is. Of course, it's always a problem buying from eBay with only photos and the seller's description to go on. However, if I buy an old 1950s chronograph with, say, a Landeron 248 movement, I at least have some knowledge of the general quality of that movement from the experience of knowing about that movement over the years. It's a sort of provenance, if you will.

If I had a spare £120, it would be interesting to get one an take it to pieces to "see what makes it tick" (ho ho) - just to check out the quality. Seagull movements have a reasonable reputation and are used in watches which are far more expensive than the Alpha. How solid are the cases and the dials, etc.

I have an Alpha Rolex Submariner homage-- hope it is the same brand we are discussing here -- with a Chinese movement and the overall quality is fairly high. Tested at 5 bar it has performed really well for the 4 or 5 years I've owned...I don't dive with it though. These Alphas seem to be the Daytona homage...will probably check if Santa delivers in January! :)

Cheers,

Bob